Gas Emergency Advice.
If you think you can smell gas, or you suspect that there may be a gas escape:
- Turn off the gas at the meter, unless the meter is located in a cellar or basement - in which case do not enter.
- Extinguish all naked flames - do not smoke or strike matches.
- Turn off all gas appliances and do not use them again until checked by the engineer.
- Do not operate any electrical appliances or turn any switches on or off.
- Open doors and windows to ventilate the property.
- Ensure access is available to the emergency services.
Immediately call the 24hour National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999.